The culprit - What's Wrong with You??

]]>

« Home | Eli and Mandy » | Shit flows in many directions » | Nikon D50 » | 3 month » | Cranio-oral dissociation » | A great part of my life » | The cell » | DE-confinement » | Feeling old » | :) »

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The culprit

I'm innocent! It's the damn flavivirus!! I need to feed to survive!!

Was watching the news just now and found out that another patient had died of dengue. And it doesn't help that I am currently experiencing myalgia and feeling febrile.

I took my temperature using the free thermometer I got from the hospital during the SARS outbreak (that was when we had to take daily temperatures and own up if we were indeed febrile). Hmmm... 36.4 degrees celcius. With my frequent runs to the toilet or rather just frequent runs of diarrhoea, I shall attribute my symptoms to that of viral gastroenteritis.

It's amazing how an insignificant-looking 6 legged winged creature which goes through life feeding through a straw can cause so much damage to us. But I guess there is less hysteria and panic amongst the people as they can identify the culprit- the mosquito or rather the flavivirus which is using the aedes aegypti as its host. This is unlike during the SARS outbreak when we don't have a clue (initially) as to what was the mode of transmission. i.e. who is the culprit?

So I guess it all boils down to knowing who the real culprit is.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

I've discovered a lizard in my room recently.

Maybe that the reason why I didn't encounter any mosquitoes in my room for the past few months.

=P

lend me your D50!!!!!

Add a comment

 
<Not Me

About me

  • I'm Cranium
  • From Singapore
  • Cranium came into this world after 42 weeks of gestation at the hefty weight of 9 lbs 5 oz. He wanted to be a taxi-driver, then policeman, then soldier. By some strange twist of fate, he ended up as a tweaker of homosapiens. In the course of doing so, he managed to sian a primary school teacher into marrying him and now has produced 01 x offspring.

  • My profile