Feeling old - What's Wrong with You??

]]>

« Home | :) » | 4 days old » | My SON!! » | 5 weeks... » | Kindly proceed to ephraim express for the photo's ... » | In Green » | DEFINE ... » | Babies are not minature adults » | How much can a person eat during CNY? » | CNY! »

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Feeling old

Age is really catching up with me. As I move on from one phase of life to another, the increase in the number of roles I have to play start to make me realise I have moved on to become an "uncle".

Everyday when I come home and carry Elijah in my arms, I reflect about my own life. What I have done and what is going to happen from this day on. Haven't been doing much reflection for a long time. I'm more like a bouy in the ocean. Bobbing along... bob bob bob...

Everything has changed. I now qualify for Father's Day celebrations. I have moved from the category of married personnel to married with kids personnel. It's no longer just about me. When I go on call, I miss one more person in my life.

It's mind boggling. I never knew that just carrying him in my arms was so important, that I would pull myself away from doing other so-called important things just to do that at least once a day.

Only now do I understand in as much as my limited mind can fathom how God enjoys our daily walk and communion with Him, and how unappreciative and ungrateful we are, to give up this time for other so-called important things.

God misses us when we go missing.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

wow! v pastoral like ... v insightful... can start writing your own devotional book....

btw, was i was staring into your beloved son pictures..... ermmmmm what is his chinese name ah?

chen xiao wei? chen wei xiao? or juz chen wei......

Add a comment

 
<Not Me

About me

  • I'm Cranium
  • From Singapore
  • Cranium came into this world after 42 weeks of gestation at the hefty weight of 9 lbs 5 oz. He wanted to be a taxi-driver, then policeman, then soldier. By some strange twist of fate, he ended up as a tweaker of homosapiens. In the course of doing so, he managed to sian a primary school teacher into marrying him and now has produced 01 x offspring.

  • My profile