The cell - What's Wrong with You??

]]>

« Home | DE-confinement » | Feeling old » | :) » | 4 days old » | My SON!! » | 5 weeks... » | Kindly proceed to ephraim express for the photo's ... » | In Green » | DEFINE ... » | Babies are not minature adults »

Monday, June 13, 2005

The cell

the cell


One of my close friends, a non-believer, once told me "do you know why the cell group is termed a cell group? It is named as the group is expected to multiply and in so doing propagate..."

I was impressed. He even attended a few cell group meetings in another church. But yet he was not a believer. He was not impressed with what he saw or heard at the cell groups which lasted pretty much the whole day. He complained that all they did was talk about their problems, about the frustrations at school, frustrations with their siblings and family.

So when he found out that my bro and I were in the same group, he didn't think it would work as he had the conception that the purpose of the group was to let the members complain to each other about the problems in their family. So after a while, he left the group as he felt compelled to share about his problems, yet he was uncomfortable about doing so and he was not ready to listen to the other members' problems.

So he asked me what happens during our cell group meetings?

I said the usual... "worshipping God with songs, bible study, sharing..."

I paused. "The usual". Obviously I was getting too comfortable.

Have I been contributing to the growth of the cell? Or have I become dormant, quiescent or even ineffectual? Am I doing my part or have I relinquished it for whatever reason?

Too comfortable? Or simply bochap. I am honestly none the wiser.

The fellowship is great. Worshipping God together is tremendous. Praying for one another is even better.

But somehow I do not have much to contribute.

The output is a reflection of the input.

The source is ever abundant, so by sheer capillary action alone, there should be some output nonetheless. Where's the barrier? Where's the leak?




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

This is a great example of an output.

Don't just leave your musings on the blog. Share them with the rest of the cell.

a lot of mo shui ...

Add a comment

 
<Not Me

About me

  • I'm Cranium
  • From Singapore
  • Cranium came into this world after 42 weeks of gestation at the hefty weight of 9 lbs 5 oz. He wanted to be a taxi-driver, then policeman, then soldier. By some strange twist of fate, he ended up as a tweaker of homosapiens. In the course of doing so, he managed to sian a primary school teacher into marrying him and now has produced 01 x offspring.

  • My profile