The Running Man - What's Wrong with You??

]]>

« Home | Got the right job? » | Good call 100804 » | Guardian ...hehehe » | The hooded one » | Heroic couplet...w oohoo! » | ??? » | Brain » | Rain rain go away » | Had a great time at cha cha cha tonight.. check o... » | Motherly love »

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The Running Man

Been a long time since I entered an entry... (?)

Anyways, yes you've guessed it, I am in my-once-a-week workspace.. hehehe... how to resist the 19 inch LCD with P4 processor in a private personal space...

Have been running at least once a week and the pain is excrutiating! Can hardly breathe, joints aching and there were many times that I thought I was gonna collapse! Never realised how bad a shape I was in until now... actually I knew but I guess I was just deceiving myself. Hah!

As I ran round the track, I reflected on how I have changed over the years. I realised I have become more impatient and this aspect of me is even evident when I exercise. I want to get to the end of the 6 rounds quickly but yet my body is unable to attain that level of performance. In the process I ended up with sore joints and what seemed like a failing heart...

Then I told myself... what's the hurry? Why the rush? I couldn't answer myself. (of course, this was coupled by the fact that I was breathless and thought I was going to die)

I then decided to take a slow walk around the estate since my knees can no longer take the constant pounding, let alone my heart... I realised that everyone around me is speeding through life, taking postgrad exams, passing them quick, planning their postings so that they can move on to the next phase ASAP, get a reg job ASAP...
The key word was ASAP. This ASAP, that ASAP. GRAB this GRAB that... Do this DO that... SETTLE this SETTLE that...

Am I taking things too easy? Am I falling far behind in this race against time?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

The question is :

Which race are you in ?

Add a comment

 
<Not Me

About me

  • I'm Cranium
  • From Singapore
  • Cranium came into this world after 42 weeks of gestation at the hefty weight of 9 lbs 5 oz. He wanted to be a taxi-driver, then policeman, then soldier. By some strange twist of fate, he ended up as a tweaker of homosapiens. In the course of doing so, he managed to sian a primary school teacher into marrying him and now has produced 01 x offspring.

  • My profile